Summary: Dr. Matthew Trewhella, Managing Director of Kensa Contracting, discusses heat pumps and the challenges posed by the need for national decarbonisation of how we heat our homes In an exclusive interview with H&V News.
Kensa believe heat pumps will be a vital component to realising the government’s commitment to end fossil fuel heated homes by 2025. However despite political interest and expanding heat pump use, consumer adoption remains relatively small. Here Kensa and H&V News explore the need for decarbonisation, the challenges it poses, and the role of heat pumps in the future of HVAC.
- Kensa’s commitment to exclusively produce ground source heat pumps
- The differences between air and ground source heat pumps
- How the Future Homes Standard in 2025 will affect the heat pump market
- Grid balancing and load shifting
- Smart centralised control of heat pumps and vehicle charging