Locally Led Innovative Low Carbon Heating Infrastructure Tour
2nd July 2019 | Enfield, London
10:00 – 14:00
This highly anticipated London Climate Action Week (LCAW) multi-centre event showcases how Enfield Council is utilising innovative heating infrastructure in its housing stock to reduce its carbon emissions, improve air quality and lower fuel poverty.
This event will encompass talks and guided tours from Enfield Council, Kensa Contracting, and Energetik, spanning an award-winning district heating scheme featuring 400 ground source heat pumps in 8 tower blocks, and London’s first publicly owned, publicly funded heat network.
Both projects have been featured as exemplars: in the Greater London Authority’s ‘Low Carbon Heat: Heat Pumps in London’ report, and BEIS’ heat network guidance documents respectively.
This event is ideal for: local authorities; housing associations; M&E consultants; developers; district heating operators, and; policy makers.
England’s largest district ground source system:
Discover the key elements and benefits of England’s largest shared ground loop array ground source heat pump project. Enfield Council and Kensa Contracting will guide you though the award-winning site featuring the RHI supported retrofit of Kensa ground source heat pumps in 400 flats over eight tower blocks.
Heat networks & decentralised energy:
Visit the Arnos Grove heat network, operated by Enfield Council’s energy company – Energetik. Energetik is developing a series of heat networks in Enfield that will supply low-carbon heating & hot water to over 15,000 homes and businesses. The Arnos Grove heat network was Energetik’s first to go into operation in 2017.
- **Please note: ‘Registration of interest’ is not an event booking. Early registration of interest is advisable to ensure you are one of the first to be notified when the limited number of tickets become available. Ticket links will be sent out to successful registrants by the 24th June.**
- Early registration of interest is recommended; due to the nature of the site, tour capacity is limited.
- Transport and lunch will be provided.
Agenda (subject to change):
- 10:00 – Arrive at the Enfield district ground source heat pumps tower blocks site. Refreshments.
- 10:30 – Kensa Contracting & Enfield Council presentation and site tour.
- 11:45 – Board minibuses to go to Energetik site.
- 12:30 – Energetik exhibition, energy centre tours (in small groups), lunch and networking.
- 14:00 – Close.