- Exploring ground array options for ground source heat pump developments with limited land.
- Sizing and heat loss calculations are critical.
- Invest in fabric efficiencies to minimise the heat load.
- More efficient heat pumps require slightly more ground array.
- Shared ground loop arrays for clusters of properties benefit from a degree of diversification so the ground array can be reduced.
- Case study: Fire stations use small forecourt for ground array.
In this blog, first published in Installer magazine July/Aug issue 2017, Guy Cashmore, Technical Director at Kensa Heat Pumps, explains how best to install a ground source heat pump when you have a plot with a limited land area.