- Looking at the different heat sources available, and the collectors used to absorb the energy.
- Exploring ground array options for ground source heat pump developments with limited land.
- Sizing and heat loss calculations are critical.
- Invest in fabric efficiencies to minimise the heat load.
- More efficient heat pumps require slightly more ground array.
- Shared ground loop arrays for clusters of properties benefit from a degree of diversification so the ground array can be reduced.
On this page, we go through the different types of ground arrays available for ground source heat pumps – including the best options for projects with limited land area.